Friday, January 16, 2015

Mozilla Firefox 35

Mozilla is currently on version 35 of firefox, and slackware current is on 34. I was aghast when I realized that I was still using version 24, and even more so when I realized that 14.1 had officially upgraded to 31 (extended support release).

I compiled version 34 and installed it in my system (14.1 x86_64), and then decided to try out 35. I grabbed the source from mozilla's ftp and built it against the slackbuild provided in current for version 34.

So far it works great! No issues whatsoever. I am currently re-compiling w/ pgo support enabled. Although pgo was enabled in the slackbuild by default in version 24 (stock 14.1 release), it has since been disabled in current. As mentioned in the comments it has definetely more than doubled the compile time, but I'm sticking it out to see if there is any performance enhancement with pgo enabled.

Below is a link I've provided for the lazy who wish to try out the latest (& greatest), Mozilla Firefox release 35 on there systems (and don't want to wait the hour or 2 to compile)!:

mozilla-firefox-35.0-x86_64-1.txz:
 - http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3ebe4440

mozilla-firefox-35.0-x86_64-1.md5:
 - http://www.datafilehost.com/d/2bd93007


I will build an x86 for on my poweredge later this evening. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment